Investors in the environment
Here at Shearbridge vets we think it is important to make an effort to improve our sustainability and impact on the environment. The veterinary industry as a whole has quite a negative impact on the environment but we have been looking at ways we can try to reduce this.
We are proud to have achieved the silver investors in the environment award, and you can find our environmental policy here.
The key aspects that we have identified we can improve upon include
- Reducing our consumption of electricity, gas and water
- Reducing the use of volatile anaesthetic gases contributing to greenhouse gas emissions
- Waste production and disposal
- Reducing our paper usage
- Transport of personnel and animals
- Medicines usage and disposal
- Procurement of goods and services contributing to emissions and pollution